Our ward had a fabulous halloween party and chili cook-off on Friday, for which we decorated a door for trick-or-treating and brought a crock pot full of chili. Just participating like always.
Well, I didn't realize that they really meant it was a cook-off, not just calling it that (it's amazing what you miss hearing when you're in Primary). They were really judging and really awarding ribbons!
At my previous job we had a potluck lunch once, and I loved the chili a friend of mine brought in, so I had asked her for the recipe. I made a double batch for the party, and I WON FIRST PRIZE!!! I was so surprised! There were so many ladies who had these recipes they were so proud of, and they had understood that it really would be a cook-off. I didn't even consider that I might win.
Anyway, I thought you all might like to try it. It's sooooo easy!
FIRST PRIZE CHILI
1 lb. ground beef
1 med onion - chopped
1 clove garlic - minced
1 (16oz) can pureed tomatos
2 cans chili beans - undrained
1 can kidney beans - drained & rinsed
1 can black beans - drained & rinsed
1 packet chili seasoning
Brown the ground beef with the onion and garlic. Stir in the tomatos and beans and simmer for 30 minutes. Stir in the chili seasoning and simmer for another 30 minutes. Done!
Hope you all enjoy this!
1 comment:
Congratulations on winning first prize! I have to admit that I wasn't too surprized though; your food has always been fabulous to me. =) And what a perfect recipe to share in the fall. It sounds so scrumptious, and easy too! Love, Jenny
Post a Comment